Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Family Bible


I was reminded of this song on Wednesday night as our Assistant Pastor Jeremiah Williams was preaching. He talked about wanting his children to learn to love God not because it was something forced on them, but because they see what good things God has done in his life. This song talks about the influnece of a parents faith in the life of a child. It's also a reminder of how life used to be in this country, and how it still should be!

Family Bible by Willie Nelson

There's a family Bible on the table


The pages are torn and hard to read


But the family Bible on the table


Will forever be my key to memories



At the end of day when work was over


And when the evening meal was done


Dad would read to us from the family Bible


And we'd count our many blessings one by one



I can see us sittin' round the table


As from the family Bible dad would read


I can hear my mother softly singing


"Rock of ages, Rock of ages cleft for me"



Now this old world of ours is full of trouble


But this old world would oh so better be


If we'd find more Bibles on the tables


And mothers singing "Rock of ages, Rock of ages cleft for me"



No comments:

Post a Comment